Google Chrome Overview: Features, Advantages, Alternatives and More
The browser has a broad set of useful features that are helpful for users of all types, from casual surfers to hardcore programmers. Some of these include:
- Built-in ad blocker: This can help decrease page load times and reduce bandwidth usage, which is especially useful on large articles or video sites like YouTube.
- Built-in password manager: Chrome will automatically save your website logins for you so you don’t have to remember them yourself (plus it won’t let you use the same password twice).
- Integrated antivirus scanner that works by scanning any downloaded files before they run on your computer (like when clicking on an attachment in an email).
- You can also customize Google Chrome by installing extensions, themes, apps and skins to change the look of your browser.
You can also translate text within web pages using either Google Translate built into Chrome or another third-party tool like Babylon Translation if needed; this will come in handy if your foreign language skills aren’t quite up there yet!
Top Feature: Safety
Google Chrome has a variety of security features built in to ensure that you’re protected from malicious websites.
When you use Google Chrome, the browser automatically blocks dangerous sites and downloads (known as phishing) and warns you if a site looks suspicious. The browser also has an advanced feature called “Safe Browsing” which checks URLs against Google’s database of known dangerous websites so that nothing bad slips through undetected.
Installation and Download:
- First of all, download Chrome as follows:
- Then, click the “install” button
- All done! The process is easy – as shown by the above screenshots